- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Cranberry Salad Dressing
Salad dressings are really simple to make. It's nice to have a bottle from the store that you can grab and use at any time but for a special home cooked meal it's nice to have the perfect dressing to compliment your veggies. This dressing is perfect for a light and fruity salad and is great all year round. It has an interesting flavor; a bit savory, a bit sweet and a little tangy. It goes great with ingredients like chicken, onion, walnuts and soft cheeses. Use this dressing to kick your salads up a notch.
- 1 Cup cranderry juice, unweetened
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice or zest
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl whisk together cranberry juice, sugar, salt, onion powder and lemon until homogenous.
- Add oil to mixture and mix thoroughly.
- As the dressing sits it will start to separate. Mix before serving and refrigerate leftovers.