- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Cream Of Celery Chicken Casserole
Cooking and baking for a large family can be quite time consuming. This recipe is one our family favorites, it is simple, easy to prepare, nutritious, and best of all... delicious! This recipe is designed to feed a family of seven, however, it can be downsized, or upsized as well, depending on your family's needs.
- 2 - 10 oz. cans of low fat, low sodium, Cream of Celery Condensed Soup
- 5 - Frozen, skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts
- 6 - medium sized Potatoes (peeled or unpeeled)
- 6 - fresh Carrots, chopped
- 1 - 14.5 oz. can Fresh Cut Green Beans (or for lower sodium use 2 cups of fresh Green Beans)
- 2 - Tablespoons of Minced Onion
- Pepper to taste
Preparation time is approximately 15 minutes. Quick and easy! Essential for a large, busy family.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9x13 baking dish spread 1 can of Cream of Celery Soup coating entire bottom of pan.
- Arrange Chicken pieces in a single layer and coat with second can of Cream of Celery Soup.
- Peel Potatoes (if preferred) cut into chunks. Place potatoes on top of chicken.
- Chop carrots into bite size or kid manageable portions and add green beans on top.
- Sprinkle Minced Onion over top and Pepper to taste.
- Cover dish with appropriate glass cover, or tin foil (which I use).
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Serve with biscuits, bread and butter, or even better.. delicious cornbread!
This dish is sure to receive many compliments and requests for the recipe. I hope your family enjoys this dish as much as our family does.
Leftovers, (if there are any!) can be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave.