Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe
This cream of broccoli soup recipe is quick and easy to make. It has a hearty, creamy flavor that is satisfying, especially on a cold day. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time a kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. When freezing, add the heavy cream only when ready to serve.
1 chopped onion
1 chopped celery stalk
1 chopped garlic clove
2 tablespoons of butter
4 cups of chicken broth
4 cups of broccoli florets
2 cups heavy cream
cheese for garnish
- Melt the butter in a medium sized stock pot over medium heat. Saute the onion, celery, and garlic for a few minutes, until tender.
- Add the broccoli and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor. You can also use a hand blender. Then return the soup to the stock pot.
- Add the heavy cream and stir until heated through.
- Garnish with cheese when serving.