Creamy Penne with Chicken and Mushrooms
If you are looking for a nice and easy recipe idea for a creamy style pasta, you should try this recipe out.
30g of butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
300g chicken thigh fillets or chicken breast, trimmed and sliced
4oz of mushrooms, sliced
1 tomato, peeled, halved and sliced
1 tbsp double concentrate tomato paste
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup cream
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan for garnish, optional
Fresh chopped parsley, optional
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan, add onions and garlic and stir over low heat until the onions are soft and golden.
2. Add the chicken and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the tomato and tomato paste and stir until combined. Stir in the wine at this point and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until you have reduced the liquid by half.
3. Stir in the cream and salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil . Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken.
4. While the sauce is cooking away, cook the penne and return to pan. Add the sauce to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve while it is hot and top with Parmesan (optional)
Try out some of these other recipe ideas
- Ulltimate Cheesecake Recipe STEP BY STEP
- Best Tzatziki Sauce Recipe Step by Step Guide
- Awesome Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
- Philippine-Style Chicken Vermicelli
- Simple and Delicious Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Chinese Style
- Ratatouille and Pasta Soup
- Spaghetti with Chicken Meatballs
- Easy Spaghetti with Chicken Bolognese
- Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe for Pasta
- Banana Bread-Delicious Recipe
- Easy Spaghetti with Clam Sauce