- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
Creamy Tomato-Basil Soup Recipe
Homemade creamy tomato-basil soup
- 2 pounds vine-ripe tomatoes (about 6), coarsely chopped
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. dried basil
- 1/4 c. dry marsala wine
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Saute garlic for 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, basil, wine, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Pour into blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to pot, add cream and blend.
- Heat through.
- Serve topped with cheese croutons.