Creamy and Easy Corkscrew Mac & Cheese
Corkscrew macaroni and cheese is a simple, yet delicious recipe. It's a family favorite, enjoyed by the young and old for many years. I remember watching a dear friend make this recipe and seeing how creamy and delicious the cheese sauce looked. After one bite, I knew this was something special. It truly is the best macaroni and cheese I've ever eaten.
I requested this dish many times from my friend. She shared the recipe and I began making it for family and friends. They all adored it and it's become a family favorite. If you are a macaroni and cheese lover, this creamy and easy recipe will be a delight to your taste buds! It's secret ingredient is cayenne pepper, which gives it flavor, but not enough to make it spicy. You must give this this recipe a try, your taste buds will thank you!
How often do you make macaroni and cheese?
Boil your pasta until al dente, drain, and set aside.
Heat the butter and cayenne on low in a medium sized pan. When melted, add the cubed cheese.
Whisk the milk into your cheese and begin to heat on medium-low.
Keep cooking & mixing the cheese until it's completely melted.
Once the cheese is completely melted, quickly add it to your cooked corkscrew pasta.
Mix until well blended.
Eat & enjoy!
- 1 box Corkscrews Pasta
- 16 ounces Velveeta Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup Milk
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When boiling, add the box of corkscrew pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta in a colander. Place pasta in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium or large saucepan, melt the butter and cayenne pepper on low. Cut all of your cheese into small cubes. Once the butter is completely melted, add your cheese and milk.
- Whisk the milk into your cheese and begin cooking on medium low. Continue to whisk your cheese mixture until it is smooth.
- Once your mixture is smooth, quickly pour it over your corkscrew noodles. Stir the cheese and corkscrew pasta until well blended. Enjoy!