- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Creamy apple tart
This is one of my favorite recipes, I usually like eating and cooking with apples...yes I am an apple fan...yay. But they are a bit tricky to cook with, if they don't have enough moisture in and around them , they have the bad habit of drying; and instead of a nice tart you get a dried up mess.
This recipe uses another ingredient; the vanilla cream prevent the apples from drying and changes the texture alltogether. I recommend you to try it...I mean comme on I even has chocolate!
- 3 Apples
- 2 Eggs
- 120ml Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 115g Flour
- 115g Butter
- 5 tablespoons Sugar
- Mix the 4 tablespoons of sugar with the butter and one egg. Mix well
- Once the ingredients are well mixed add the flour and mix well. Once the dough is done, wrapi it in plastic and let it sit in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, cut the apples in halfs then each half cut it in slices. Remove the seeds and the core of the apple. I did variations with the peel on and off, to me there is no difference so in this tutorial you will see I let it on.
- Flake the chocolate. Unfortunately I moved recently and I lack certain kitchen items that are found in a kitchen. I for example don't own a grater so I was forced to use a knife...with great results I may say.
- After the 20 minutes have passed. Flout the board and roll the dough to a thickness of 0.3-0.4cm. Grease the tart tray and then carefully lay the rolled dough inside the tray, cutting te excess dough. With the extra dough you can make tartlets or biscuits.
- Apply the chocolate flakes on the bottom of the tart covering the whole surface. Then lay the apple slices.
- Prepare the cream by mixing the remaining sugar, full cream, vanilla and the remaining egg. Pour the cream between the apples.
- Preheat the oven at 160degrees Celsius. Let the tart bake for about 20 to 30 minutes. Check the tart if it is done with a wooden toothpick. The cream is fully baked in about 15 minutes, but the dough might take a bit longer to bake so check it before you take it out the oven. If the toothpick comes out of the dough clean, then it is baked.
- Let it rest and cool for 1 hour before eating.