- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Creative Uses for Leftover Party Dip
Make Salad Dressing
Do you prepare way too much food any time you throw a party? It's certainly better to have too much than not enough! After all, you don't want guests going home hungry or grumbling that they'd better eat ahead of time before attending one of your events.
Having party food leftovers doesn't have to be a problem, especially if you prepare a selection of dips that you can enjoy for several days following the event. There's no reason to let leftover dips go to waste after a party even if you're tired of eating chips (or veggies) and dip.
With a little bit of creativity, you can convert the leftover dips that your party guests don't eat into tasty meals and snacks that your family members will be sure to enjoy. Just think "outside the box" when considering what to do with party dip leftovers and you're sure to come up with some creative solutions.
What to Do With Leftover Party Dip
Here are a few ideas to help you get started coming up with creative ways to use leftover savory dips from your next party!
Leftover Sour Cream Dip Serving Ideas
It seems that there's always a little bit of French onion, garlic, or vegetable dip leftover after any type of get together. Here are a few ideas for things you can do with your favorite varieties of sour cream dip recipes when you have leftovers:
- Unique Sandwich Spread: Use leftover dip instead of mayonnaise on your favorite sandwiches and wraps.
- Salad Dressing: Combine leftover dips with equal parts of nonfat yogurt and mayonnaise to make an interesting homemade salad dressing to serve with your favorite green salad recipe. Alternately, toss the dressing with shredded cabbage for an interesting twist on coleslaw.
- Baked Potato Topping: Enjoy a flavorful baked potato topped with butter and leftover dip rather than a dollop of plain sour cream.
- Potato Casserole: You can make a delicious potato casserole with leftover sour cream dip. In a casserole dish, combine a bag of frozen hashed brown potatoes with a cup of your favorite savory sour cream dip and 8 ounces of shredded cheddar. Bake for 45 minutes in an oven that's been preheated to 350 degrees and you'll have a delicious side dish.
- Deviled Eggs: Substitute leftover dip for mayonnaise in your favorite recipe for deviled eggs.
Leftover Cream Cheese Dip Serving Ideas
If you have savory cream cheese dips (such as crab spread or salmon dip) leftover after a party, you can make several tasty treats. Examples include:
- Omelet Filling: Cream cheese omelets are a great option for breakfast or dinner. Plan to have omelets the day after your next party and use any leftover cream cheese base dip to make a rich, delicious omelet.
- Tortilla Rollups: All flavors of cream cheese dips make great fillings for tortilla rollups. Find out how to make them in the How to Make Tortilla Rollups hub.
- Bagel Spread: If you have leftover cream cheese dip, consider buying a package of bagels or English muffins. The dip is a great topping for these types of breads and can be a great choice for breakfast or lunch.
- Stuffed Celery: Cream cheese dips make a great filling celery stalk filling. Simply cut celery into small pieces, spoon dip into the hollow area, and enjoy a healthy snack.
Share Your Suggestions
These are just a few options for things you can do to make use of leftover party dips. Please feel free to post your own suggestions for repurposing leftover party dips for meals and snacks for your family.