- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Crispy Chicken Cutlet Romano Recipe
This recipe for Crispy Chicken Cutlet Romano is quick, easy and delicious. The capers and Romano cheese give it a special flavor.
- 2-4 Chicken breast cutlets about 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick
- A 50/50 mix of Progresso Italian Panko Style Breadcrumbs and regular Italian style breadcrumbs
- Flour to coat chicken
- 2 Egg whites
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. of Canola Oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. grated Romano cheese
- 2 tbsp.Capers
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- chopped Italian parsley
- Combine the 50/50 breadcrumb mixture and Romano cheese in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine the capers, white wine, chicken broth and lemon juice in another bowl. Mix well and set aside
- Dredge the cutlets in the flour and coat lightly. Dip the cutlets in the egg whites and then in the bread crumbs. Make sure the cutlets are well coated with the breadcrumbs
- Over medium heat, add the oil to a sauté pan. Place the chicken cutlets in the pan and cook until they are brown and crispy. Remove the cutlets and put aside in aluminum foil to keep warm
- Drain the oil from the pan and add the butter. When it has melted, pour the wine, chicken stock, capers and lemon sauce into the pan. Stir over medium heat until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Remove the cutlets from the foil and place on a dish. Pour the sauce over the cutlets and add the chopped parsley. Done and delicious.