- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1 whole (with skin) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar 1 teaspoon
- lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper coarse 1 teaspoon
- (for coating) Almost 1 cup plain flour / maida, add a bit of salt and black pepper in it
- Put chicken pieces in a pan, add ginger garlic paste, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Add 1/4 cup of water and let it steam for about 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken looks half cooked, take it off the stove and let it rest for 10 minutes. (make sure there is not much water left in the pan, and if there is you must get rid of it)
- Now in the same pan, add the flour and mix it well so that it covers the chicken pieces completely.
- Heat oil in deep pan and deep fry the chicken pieces till they are golden brown.
- Serve them with coleslaw and chips. Enjoy!