Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
I tried this recipe on a whim one day. I received a brand new crock pot for Christmas, and wanted to try something different with it. I used the same ingredients as I would for a normal pot pie dish, and the results were amazing!
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- Spray crock pot lightly with non-stick cooking spray
- Combine Bisquick and milk. Mixture will be lumpy. Set aside
- Cube chicken breast, and arrange at bottom of crock pot. Chop onion, and sprinkle on top of chicken.
- Spread cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper, and mixed vegetables on top of chicken and onions. Sprinkle additional salt and pepper (if needed).
- Spoon biscuit mixture evenly throughout top of filling until gone. Turn crock pot on low.
- To avoid excess moisture and soggy biscuits, lay wooden spoon across pot, then apply lid. There should be a gap for moisture to escape. This will allow proper venting and won't make the biscuits mushy.
- Leave to cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. Will be done when biscuits start showing a golden appearance,