- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Recipe
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Recipe
I am obsessed with chicken, and I am also obsessed with cooking food slowly so that it becomes juicy, delicious, packed full of flavor, and pairs with anything perfectly. My significant other is obsessed with spicy foods, but he has a flaw of needing to eat gluten free, limiting my once wide range of possibilities. One would think that my boyfriend and his celiacs disease made my possibilities narrow, but to add to the challenge, I also have to eat low fat foods (due to IBS), taking my possibilities from endless, to narrow, and to finish off at almost impossible. Granted, I am no stranger to an obstacle or a challenge, I actually embrace them, knowing that challenges and obstacles not only make life more interesting but they allow me to grow and conquer. In the kitchen, most people believe challenges and obstacles to be annoyances which is why most have leaned on the convenience of prepackaged and precooked foods. I do not desire to lean on these conveniences, I take the challenge head on, because I have a passion to be in the kitchen and provide for my family's needs and hunger pangs, while embracing the obstacle of making a gluten free, low fat dinner that my entire family can indulge in and enjoy.
This Crockpot buffalo chicken recipe is very spicy, creamy, juicy, flavorful, and satisfying. With the first bite the spice hits the taste buds, but the Greek yogurt and ranch seasoning cools the mouth down simultaneously. It is a unique and delicious experience at the dining table. The spiciness and the creaminess pair perfectly together and allow the consumer to indulge without worry of too much fat and gluten (that is if one is dramatically worried about their waistline or have specific dietary restrictions). This chicken will make a sandwich more savory (use gluten free bread for a gluten free meal), can be added to a salad to give the vegetables a kick, or can be devoured by itself for a filling snack. This chicken is delicious while hot, but also tastes great when cold. This recipe makes 6 low calorie servings so one can indulge for a couple of days. Eat and enjoy this Crockpot buffalo chicken recipe and reap the benefits of high protein, low fat, low carbohydrate, and a flavorful lunch or dinner.
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 small bottle Hot Sauce
- 1 package Ranch Dip Seasoning, (or use all the spices necessary for homemade ranch seasoning)
- Garlic Powder, (optional and/or to taste)
- 1 serving Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Place the 3 chicken breasts in the Crockpot.
- Drench the uncooked chicken breasts in the hot sauce of choice.
- Cook on high for several hours (approximately 3-4 hours).
- Add Garlic powder and the package of ranch seasoning.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, and has fallen apart, add the serving of Greek yogurt and mix well.
- Turn the Crockpot to low and allow to cook for an addition couple of hours (approximately 2 hours).
- Serve the buffalo chicken however is desired (on top of salad, on a sandwich, or use as a fabulous and high protein dip with chips or crackers).
|Serving size: 112g|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Carbohydrates 1 g|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Protein 23 g||46%|
|Cholesterol 66 mg||22%|
|Sodium 629 mg||26%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|