Cube Steak with Vegetables and Brown Gravy Crock Pot Recipe
Please rate this recipe!
Turn tough cube steak into a soft, tender dinner with this slow cooker recipe. Cube steak, brown gravy and your favorite vegetables make this a snap to throw together before you leave for work or start your day. Your home will smell delicious and dinner will be a crowd pleaser. Serve this dish with rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes. Crusty rolls or bread would compliment it well.
- 1 lb Cube steak
- 3 envelopes of brown gravy
- 1 can of sliced mushrooms
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup carrots, whole baby carrots or sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Prepare the gravy as directed on the package. It usually calls for 1 cup of water per envelope. Stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Place cube steak at the bottom of the crock pot. Pour the gravy over the meat. Add the vegetables and the extra water. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- If you're home, stir the pot occassionally to keep the gravy moving. Serve over white rice or egg noodles.