Delectable Thai-Inspired Cucumber Onion Salad
Refreshing and Flavorful!
More often than not, lunch or dinner accompanies a salad. Especially, dinner needs to be lighter and hence, people include a salad in it. I think cucumber salad is one of the best salads among all the varieties. However, the cucumber and onion salad I show you now is unique because it accompanies a dip made of fresh mint and coriander leaves.
Cucumber is low in calories but high in many important vitamins and minerals. Mint is known for its soothing properties. Both the veggies are high in antioxidants, low in calorie, and promote hydration.
While cucumber adds crunchiness to this salad, mint leaves add the refreshing taste. Mint leaf dip makes a heavenly combination with red onions. This is a Thai-inspired salad.
This is a raw salad. There is no heating involved in this dish. This quick and easy salad needs only a few ingredients. Probably, you have these ingredients always in your kitchen. I could make the salad and dip for 3 people in 15 minutes.
Let me share with you the detailed recipe.
- 3 big cups cucumber, washed, peeled, chopped in long pieces
- 1 packed cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 green chili, moderate hot
- small piece ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- salt to taste
Make Mint Dip Less Spicy
As I have experienced, this salad combination tastes awesome when the dip is not very spicy.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 9 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Wash mint leaves and coriander leaves. Add them to a blender.
- Add all the other ingredients to the blender except cucumber.
- Grind together to make a thick paste. Add a teaspoon of water if needed.
- Collect the paste in a bowl. This is the mint dip.
- Wash cucumbers. Cut them in thin, long pieces. Arrange them on a plate.
- Serve the cucumber sticks with mint dip. This salad is refreshing and delightful.
- Dip the cucumber stick in the dip and munch! Enjoy!