Cucumber Tomato Salad
Is it Really a Salad with No Lettuce?
When most of us think of a salad we think lettuce, croutons, dressing and cheese at the very least, but not all salads have to be like that.
When I think of a salad I think of something with nutritionally packed veggies coated in a type of dressing, not necessarily just lettuce.
In our household we eat lots of salad and although we have our fair share of traditional lettuce packed salad, I love making salads like this one to.
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped, or 2 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled 3 times down the side, and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, shaved or shredded
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prep all ingredients.
- In a bowl combine everything and toss together.
- Season to taste and serve.
* Wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar are the best to pair with this salad, I prefer red wine vinegar and balsamic when making this, but white wine and white balsamic would work well to. try to stay away from distilled vinegar the flavor is very pungent and doesn't fit the salad much.
* If not a big fan of onion dice it up small or choose to omit it.
© 2019 Cassie M