- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to Make and Decorate Cow Cupcakes - Cupcake Decorating
Cupcake Decorating - Cow Cupcakes
Cow cupcakes are great. Cupcake decorating is great fun at any age, and having learnt a few simple tecniques it's amazing how easy it is to create great designs such as a cow cupcake.
The really great thing about these animal cupcakes is that they look great but are simple enough for young kids to do ~ which means cupcake decorating can become an inexpensive activity for kids during the school holidays.
This hub is above creating pig cupcakes for which you'll need a flat -topped cupcake (and if you've ever had trouble getting your cupcakes to come out of the oven with flat tops then read this article 'How to Bake The Perfect Flat Topped Cupcake'
What You'll Need for Your Cow Cupcakes
White sugar paste
Black sugar paste
Pink sugar paste
Red red sugar paste
A round cookie cutter the size of your cupcake
A smaller cookie cutter
A cocktail stick
Some cooled boiled water
How to Make Your Cow Cupcake
- With the larger cookie cutter cut out a round of white sugar paste and cover your cupcake' If you wanted you could also cover it in green sugar paste to make it look as though your cow is in a field.
- With your smaller cookie cutter cut out a circle of white sugar paste and stick it in the middle of your cupcake using a drop of cooled boiled water as glue.
- Make 2 small pea sized balls of black icing (the ears) and stick them at the top of your cupcake so the butt up against the white circle, leaving about a 1cm gap between then. As you stick them flatten them slightly against the cupcake.
- Roll some pink icing into a ball about the size of a marble and stick it in the middle of the cupcake, flattening it slightly.
- Using a cocktail stick make 2 holes for nostrils, and using the end of a drinking straw make a smile.
- Still with the pink icing make 2 small balls and place them in the centre of each ear, flattening them slightly as you stick them down.
- With the black sugar paste make 2 tiny balls for the eyes and stick them in place, then roll a thin sausage and lay it across the top of the cows face just underneath the ears
- Make 2 small cones shapes out of white sugar paste and place them between the cow's ears for the horns
- Make a small tongue shaped piece of red icing and place it at an angle against the nose.
Hey volia ~ one cow cupcake.
Other Great Cupcake Decorating Ideas
Other Useful Cupcake Information
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make and Decorate a Pig ...
Decorating Cupcakes is great fun at any age and it's amazing how easy it is to create very effective designs such as animal faces. Follow these instructions to learn how to make Pig Cupcakes
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make Ladybird Cupcakes
If you're ever stuck for ideas for how to entertain your kids during school holidays or rainy afternoons then have a go at cupcake decorating.Follow the instructions below to learn how to make these really easy ladybird cupcakes.
- Cupcake Decorating ~ How To Make Frog Face Animal Cu...
Cupcake decorating is fun. It's inexpensive, creative and something the whole family can get involved in. Use these instructions to learn how to make simple frog faced animal cupcakes
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make Elephant Cupcakes
It doesn't matter whether you're four or ninety-four, cupcake decorating is something that can be enjoyed by everyone. Kids love it as in a few simple steps they are able to make recognisable cupcake...
- How to make & bake the perfect flat topped cupcake
If your cupcakes emerge the oven looking more like mini volcanoes than sponge millponds then I can help - assuming of course you want to bring an end the need to the need for cupcake decapitation. Be warned...