How to Make Cupcakes With A Hidden Surprise
What's better than showing your love through FOOD!
When it comes to Valentine's Day, birthdays, anniversaries etc. simply making food or baking 'ordinary' goods seems a little too casual for the special occasion. Now, little surprise goes a long way. In this recipe I am going to make a simple vanilla cupcake not so simple. A delicious cupcake that comes with a hidden heart! The little detail and effort doubles and I am sure that you will have a lot of fun doing it. Trust me, it worths all the time and effort.
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, Soften
- 1 1/2 cups Icing/ Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Paste/ Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsps Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/3 cups Milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine the butter and sugar until nice fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, make sure that each egg is mixed completely before adding the next.
- Add in the vanilla, chocolate, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Finally, add the flour in three portions, alternate with the milk.
- Now, add the red food coloring little by little until the mixture reach the color you desire.
- Pour the batter into a nonstick 8-inch square baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely. Then go ahead and cut out the hearts (12 hearts) with 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Use one of your favorite recipe for vanilla cupcake.
- Prepare your batter and line your muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Fill up the muffin tin only half way and insert the little heart all the way down in the middle. (Make sure you are lining all the hearts in the same direction.)
- Bake for 24 minutes, or until the edges of the cupcakes have started to turn golden brown.
- Let the cupcake cool for 10 minutes before transferring it onto a cooling rack to cool down.
- Use either store-bought frosting or pastry cream to decorate the cake top.
- Bite into the delicious cupcake and wait for the surprise!