Cupinis Restaurant Chicken Prosciutto Tortellini Recipe
Here is Cupinis Restaurant Chicken Prosciutto Tortellini Recipe. This recipe is absolutely to die for. The tortellini is homemade; the filling is of a chicken and prosciutto mixture, and the cream sauce doesn't have enough words to describe it. Let me just say that it is so delicious. This recipe is a little time consuming- but then again you are making fresh pasta. There is a difference with fresh pasta and store bought dried pasta. You can make the tortellini ahead of time- and just heat to boiling when u are ready.
In 2003 Cupinis restaurant opened up in Kansas city mo. It is a friendly family owned restaurant- and believes in the importance of family and friends. Thank u Cupinis for this delicious recipe.
- 2 cups Semolina flour
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 8 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, For pasta
- 4 Cups Heavy Whipping cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 boneless Chicken Breast
- sprinkle olive oil, for Chicken
- 3 Slices prosciutto
- 3 ounces ricotta
- 3 Tablespoon Romano cheese grated
- Drizzle olive oil, For Boiling water for pasta
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan for topping
- Cut the chicken breast length-wise down the middle so it will cook faster. Sprinkle olive oil on top and then top the chicken with the minced garlic and parsley. Cook till done on 350 about 15 minutes or so.
- When the chicken is done set it aside. Cut your chicken in strips. Get out your food processor and add your prosciutto and the sliced chicken and blend well .Next add your ricotta; 3 Tablespoons Romano;1 of the eggs; remaining parsley;garlic;and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Pulse thoroughly combined. The mixture will resemble pate.
- In a separate small bowl add another egg and whisk. This will be the mixture that hold together the tortellini.
- Lets start making our pasta. This is the handmade version- but you can probably use a food processor instead- and just add your 6 eggs one at a time if u like. The video on the bottom of the page gives the option.
- Get out a large bowl and sift together both flours, and salt. Make sure you do this- it makes the dough light.
- Make a well in the center of your sifted flours, and add 6 eggs with the 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
- Whisk eggs very gently with a fork, gradually incorporating flour from the sides of the well. When mixture becomes too thick to mix with a fork, we will begin to knead.
- On a clean counter sprinkle a little semolia flour. This will prevent our dough from sticking. Add your dough ball to the center and start to knead.
- Knead dough for approximately 8 to 12 minutes, until it is smooth and supple. Dust dough and work surface with semolina as needed to keep dough from becoming sticky. Wrap dough tightly in plastic and allow it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. This will keep our dough moist and make it start the process of breaking down the gluten so it will be nice and tender.
- After your dough as rested for 30 minutes- get out a bench scraper or a knife and cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Set the 3 pieces aside and continue to keep covered to keep moist.
- Get out your pasta.Flatten out the piece that you are working with so that you can feed it in your pasta roller. Start with level 1 and feed it thru. Then roll it thru again level 2, and then roll it thru the 3rd time level 3. Level 3 is perfect for tortellini because you want it thick enough to hold in your filling.
- Once its rolled out you cut it in circles 3 inches wide. Continue to re feed your scraps- you don't want to waist these. Add your filling- about 3/4 teaspoon to each circle. Brush your edges with your egg that has been set aside. Fold over like a half moon. Brush egg on the ends of the half moon. Then place your finger in the middle of the half moon, and wrap the ends around your finger. Flip the edges around your finger, and pull your finger out- and you have tortellini.
- Place your tortellini on a plate or cookie pan that has been sprayed with non stick oil. Your pasta needs to be spaced apart and not touching. Continue till you are all done with your made tortellini. I freeze the remainder- since this makes a good quantity.
- Once your pasta is all made than lets start making our sauce.
- Heat your 1/2 stick of butter in medium pot on the stove on medium heat. When the butter is melted add your teaspoon garlic powder, and nutmeg. Then add in your Whipping cream.
- Continue to heat till the sauce starts to thicken. Then add in your grated Parmesan cheese. Continue to heat till it gets thicker. You can always add a little bit more Parmesan cheese if needed.
- Lets start cooking our pasta.
- This pasta is cooked fresh- so we will want to get out a large stockpot and fill half with water. Add a pinch of salt, and a dab of olive oil. When the water is boiling we will want to add our pasta slowly. After the pasta has sat in there for a few seconds we can stir it so it dosen't stick. The tortellini will float to the top when the pasta is done
- Get out your serving bowls. Add your cooked tortellini; top with the Alfredo sauce, and sprinkle with the topping of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Ola fresh chicken tortellini, so delicious.