How to make Thayir Sadham or Curd Rice South Indian Tamilnadu or Madras Style Recipe
Curd rice is one of variety rice recipe. A perfect south Indian meal will never end up without this simple curd rice.Your family and friends will surely love this yummy recipe . Try it and enjoy it.
Curd Rice South Indian Madras Style Recipe
- 1 cup Curd / Yogurt
- 2 cup Boiled rice
- 7-8 Curry leaves
- 1 tea spoon Ginger, (chopped in to pieces)
- 3-4 Red chillies, (cut in to pieces)
- 1 tea spoon Mustard seeds
- 2 table spoon Refined oil
- 2 tea spoon Cumin seeds
- 2 tea spoon channa dal/bengal gram dal
- 1 tea spoon Urad dal
- 3 tea spoon Salt
- 1/4 tea spoon Asafoetida
- Coriander leaves, (chopped)
- In the boiled rice mix the given quantity of salt and curd.
- In a frying pan pour the oil,add the mustard seeds and wait till it crackles.
- Once crackled, add the channa dal/Bengal gram dal, urad dal, red chilies, cumin seeds, ginger one by one.
- Fry the ingredients in a mild flame till they become golden brown.
- Off the flame and add the curry leaves,asafoetida powder and stir well.
- Pour this tempering in to the curd-mixed boiled rice and mix gently.
- Serve this curd rice along with lady's finger fry and pickles.
- Use chopped coriander leaves for efficient garnishing.