DELICIOUS ACHARI CHICKEN (PICKLED CHICKEN) RECIPE
Delicious achari chicken
Boneless chicken cooked in spices to give it a pickled flavour.
- 1 kg Chicken breast, ( cut into cubes )
- 1/2 cup Thick yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp Onion seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds
- 2 Whole dry red chilli
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala or lemon juice, ( if chaat masala not available )
- to taste Salt
- Fresh chopped coriander, for garnishing
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Sunflower oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Add fenugreek seeds, onion seeds, fennel seeds, carom seeds and whole dry red chilli. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped onions and fry them for 5 mins. Add red chilli powder, chaat masala and salt.
- Add the chicken and sauté until it becomes well browned. Add yoghurt and stir fry until the yoghurt dries up.
- Add half cup of water and cover the pan for 10-15 mins or until the chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with naan or chappati.