Did You Know: Strange, Fun, and Interesting Facts about Fruits and Vegetables
Fruits and Vegetables are Good for You!
Everyone says eat your fruits and vegetables for a healthy life. Fruits and vegetables can help you ward off many diseases and can prevent:
Fruit and Vegetables: Produce Book - Everything You Need to Know
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Gastric Issues
- Liver, Kidney and other Organ Abnormalities
... and so much more!
Healthy Diet? Strange Facts.
But what are you really putting in your body to achieve that healthy diet?
There are many fun things that you may not know about that shiny red apple, or ripe banana that might surprise you - or perhaps get you to eat a fruit or veggie that you have been avoiding.
Here is an interesting collection of fun, but strange facts about common vegetables and fruits that are on the market.
Healthy Diet Ideas
- Calorie Counting - Weight Loss that Works: Healthy Recipes & Ideas for Lean Meals Under 600 Calo
To lose weight fast your energy in must be less than out. With calorie counting diets you are able to lose weight fast with these Healthy Recipes for Meals Under 600 Calories & 100 Calorie Snacks.
- Lose Weight Fast: 1500 Calorie Diet - Meal Plan for Weight Loss with Low Calorie Recipes
A 1500 calorie diet can be easy and quite delicious when you follow a meal plan! Here is a sample diet at 1,500 calories. It is possible to lose up to 2lbs in the first week!
- Dark green vegetables like spinach have much more Vitamin C than light green veggies such as celery.
- The hotter a chilli pepper is, the healthier it is.
Read more about the Health Benefits of Peppers.
- Keep stored potatoes from sprouting by storing them with a fresh apple.
- Onions and potatoes stored together can accelerate how fast they spoil because of the gas they release.
Be sure to store onions and potatoes separately.
- Celery contains around 10 calories -- it takes more calories to eat a stalk of celery than it contains, which makes it it a great snack for losing weight fast!
- Cabbage contains as much water as a watermelon, carrots are not far behind by a few percentile.
- Orange carrots did not exist until the Dutch crossed yellow and red carrots in experimentation in the 16th century for the "House of Orange", the Dutch Royal Family of that time.
Originally carrots were yellow, red, white and even purple!
- Tomatoes that are stored at room temperatures are more flavorful and nutrient filled than those stored in the refrigerator.
- Smaller zucchini are more flavorful than their larger brothers and sisters.
Veggie Fun Facts!
Guides to Put Your New Fruits and Vegetable Information to Work!
Fruit and Vegetable Guides
- Tomatoes are not a vegetable... surprisingly enough, they are actually a fruit. It took a ruling by the Supreme Court in 1893 to classify it as a vegetable.
- Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside, having about 200 seeds on average.
- Olive Oil from olives can actually be used as a substitute for shaving cream!
- Coconut Oil can be a great emergency substitute for plasma due to the PH levels.
- Avocados are a fruit and not a vegetable.Those vegetable sushi rolls containing avocado seem strange to me now.
- One orange has the amount of Vitamin C an adult should consume daily.
- Pumpkins are not a vegetable, they are a fruit as well!
- Apples are a much healthier and reliable resource to consume when trying to stay awake than a cup of coffee.
The all natural sugar that is contained in the apple trumps the potency of the caffeine in coffee any day.
There are no excuses for why you can't eat an apple instead of having a morning vanilla latte!
- Avocados have double the potassium of a banana - cramps? Eat them up!
- Bananas are considered herbs (the world's largest herb), not fruit. The bananas are considered berries of the giant herb related to orchids and lilies -- strange!
Fun Fruit Facts
For Your Health
- Acne and Blackheads Treatment and Healthy Skin with Egg Yolk Facial: Egg Face Mask and Pore Strips
Eggs are inexpensive and have no side effects; and any with dry and sensitive skin, you will be thankful. Teenager with acne would be saved from low self-esteem of facial acne and enlarged pores.
- Diabetes Diet: What to Eat When You Have Type 2 Diabetes - Dietary Restrictions for the Diabetic Die
Regulation of blood glucose is key to controlling Type 2 Diabetes. To avoid diabetes health risks like heart disease or kidney failure, try these super foods and find out what to avoid in your diet.
- Health Benefits of Garlic: Cooking Garlic Benefits and Garlic in Your Diet, Kyolic Garlic Halal
For many centuries humans have used garlic for its numerous medicinal properties. How can it benefit you, and is it best in it's cooked or raw forms?
- Lose Weight Fast: Best Diet to Achieve Weight Loss for Women with Apple Shaped Bodies
Apple shaped women are at higher risks for weight-related high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes and stroke. Losing weight is essential to a long and happy life for apple shape bodies.