Dry Veg Manchurian
- 1/2 CUP cabbage, grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup french beans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp maida
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- oil, for deep frying
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchep
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp regular vineger
- 1/2 or 1 tbsp spring onion greens, chopped for garnish
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- salt, as required
Process of Making
Preparing For Manchurian Balls :
- Firstly take finely chopped vegetables in a bowl. Then add finely chopped cabbage, grated carrot, finely chopped capsicum/green bell pepper, finely chopped french beans, finely chopped spring onions.
2. Then add other ingredients such as corn starch,maida, black pepper and salt or add as per your requirement.
3. Mix all the ingredients properly and knead so that the vegetables leave water and get a dough like mixture.
4. Then take a small portion of mixture in your hands. Then press and roll it in your palm.
5. Then make a round small balls,and keep them aside.
6.After that heat oil for deep frying in a kadai. add one piece of ball to the hot oil. if the ball does not stick or settle down at the bottom of the kadai, but comes up steadily then the oil is ready for frying these veg Manchurian balls.
7. Then gently add the balls in the hot oil. the oil should be of medium hot. If the oil will be too much heat then the Manchurian balls will be browned from top but uncooked from inside. And if the oil is less hot it will make the balls absorb too much of oil. so be careful.
8. when balls is cooked from one side, then turn the balls with a slotted spoon. And fry them till the vegetables balls turns into golden colour. After it turns golden remove them with a slotted spoon and drain oil as much as possible.
9. After that place the fried veg Manchurian balls on kitchen paper towels. Sp that extra fat will be absorbed by paper towel.
Preparing For Manchurian Sauce :
1.When the balls are fried, then its time for its sauce. Take one pan, heat oil in which we fried the balls. Then add garlic, ginger & green chilies, chopped finely. After that stir it and sauté for about a minute on a low flame. Then add spring onion in it. Then stir and sauté till all the ingredients become soften.
2. After that add the sauces – soy sauce, tomato ketchup and red chili sauce or green chili sauce. mix all the ingredients properly.
3.Then sim the gas & sprinkle corn flour. adding corn flour is not mandatory. stir well, Then immediately add black pepper and salt as per requirement. stir again. after adding corn flour, sauce will start to thicken, so one has to be quick. keep a check on the salt as the soy sauce, tomato ketchup and chili sauce already contains salt.
4. After that add fried vegetables balls into prepared sauce and stir properly so that sauce coats the balls completely. Then switch off the gas and add vinegar in it.
5. Finally toss and stir it properly. Then serve the Manchurian hot garnished with some spring onion.
- At the time of frying keep a check that the balls does not stick or settle down at the bottom of the pan, but comes up steadily then oil is ready.
- Less hot oil will absorb more oil so the oil should be heated in medium.
- While making Manchurian sauce keep in mind that , after adding corn flour sauce will start thicken very fast, so be fast at that time.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 7 g|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 2 mg||1%|
|Sodium 387 mg||16%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
SO, GUYS DID YOU LIKE MY RECIPE?
- Review of Gola Sizzlers Restaurant in East Patel Nag...
Gola Sizzlers located in East Patel Nagar Market is a great mutlicuisine restaurant. I love its butter chicken and variety of sizzlers. Now read my personalreview for more information about this place
- Review of Avenue Regent Restaurant Cochin
When it comes to food, I don’t mind trying out new places, even if that requires me to travel. I come from a family which gives a lot of importance to food and tastes and I would love to carry forward that tradition. Being a foodie, one of my hobbies
- Indian food in Singapore
Quick tips on how to find Indian food anywhere in Singapore