Dad Cook Good Recipes for Dinner: Easy Crock Pot Salsa Chicken (slow cooker) Recipe
When I Say Easy, I mean Easy!
One thing for certain is if you are parents in a household who both work outside the home, there isn’t a lot of time to prepare a meal once the dust has settled in the homestead. We get up in the morning, prepare our children for school, drive them there, drop them off, have our 3 goodbye hugs (toddlers), and make our way to work where we spend the next 8 hours of our day focused on anything but what’s for dinner. I, as many men, am not well schooled in the area of cooking, and on top of that, have a very picky palette (I hate vegetables of almost all sorts). Below is an easy Crock Pot recipe that can be started in the morning and served in the evening in a variety of different fashions sure to appease even the most discerning toddler’s taste buds:
- Signup For HubPages Today! Click Here!
Have Recipes or Other Ideas You'd like to Share and Make Money Too Join Hubpages!
2 Ingredient Salsa Chicken
Boneless Chicken Breast: Amount based on family size (assume one small breast per person)
Salsa: Hot, Medium, or Mild based on your family’s heat tolerance levels in a quantity enough to fully engulf the chicken in your crock pot.
1. Simply put the above mentioned ingredients into your crock pot making sure the chicken is fully immersed in salsa.
2. Set the crock pot to 4 or 8 hours depending on when you need the meal and head on out the door!
When you arrive home you will be greeted by the wonderful aroma of chicken and salsa, and be pleasantly surprised by the tenderness and flavor of your final result. The best part is that it can be served in a variety of easy ways like:
- Filling for a salsa chicken quesadilla that any Mexican restaurant would envy
- The main ingredient in a salsa chicken omlet that can be eaten any time of day
- Simply served on a plate with a side of Spanish rice, refried beans along with sour cream and salsa
- In any taco, burrito, or enchilada variety
Don’t forget to use the excess salsa from the crock pot for a zesty sauce to serve with your Mexican chicken dinner!
Good luck and I hope you surprise your wife and kids with your simple yet tasteful recipe for parents on the go!