- Food and Cooking
Dad Cook Good Recipes for Dinner: Quick and Easy Thai Peanut Sauce Pasta
Most Daring Dad Cook Recipe to Date?
I you have visited some of my previous submissions in my Dad Cook series of recipes you will find that I strive on the simplistic, quick, and enjoyable meals for the family. Stromboli, Taco Squares, and 2 Ingredient Salsa chicken are sure things to make dinner easy to say the least. My latest endeavor into the unknown world (at least to me) of foreign cuisine is Thai Peanut Pasta. The following recipe is relatively simple, definitely quick, and if given a chance, very tasty. Tell your kids it is kind of like eating pasta with a peanut butter cup chaser to break the tension in the room when you announce your intentions. How daring will you be? You can choose to use "toppings" ranging from Shrimp, to Beef and Chicken or a combination of all three. You can also make this a simple vegetarian dish for you non-meat eaters out there. So if you are not allergic to peanuts and have the urge to venture out and try something different for dinner for a change, give this recipe a shot. No one will ever claim you are non-imaginative!
- Equal Part Teryaki Sauce and Peanut Butter, Honey Flavored a Plus!
- Desired Amount of Frank's Red Hot Sauce, for Your "Heat" requirements
- Desired Amount of Pasta, Your Choice of Pad Thai, Bow Ties, Spaghetti, Ziti. Etc Etc
- Desired Amount of Sliced carrots
- Desired Amount of Shrimp/ Chicken/ Beef, (can easily be vegetarian if desired)
- Bring Water to a Boil in a Pot for Noodle Prep
- Lightly Steam Pre-Cooked Shrimp, Pre Sliced Carrots, Scallions on a Second Burner
- Mix Equal Parts Teryaki Sauce and Peanut Butter Starting With About 1/2 Cup of Each. -Stir With a Fork Until a Smooth Light to Medium Brown Consistancy and Color is Achieved -Judge if Additional Amount of Sauce Needed and Add more Teryaki and Peanut Butter as Needed for the Amount of Noodles Being Used
- -Add Approximatly 2 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce and Stir Thoroughly Asses Taste and Add or Dilute the Sauce Based on How "spicy" You Are! (Ideally, the Sauce Should Be a Lightly Tangy Peanut Butter Experience)
- When Noodles and Steamed Ingredients are Ready; Strain and Combine in a Serving Bowl. Be Sure That Noodles and Additional "toppings" are Well Dispersed
- Serve Pasta Mix and Sauce: My Advice Would Be to Pour Desired Amount of Thai Peanut Sauce On Top of the Serving of Pasta. If Desired, the Sauce and Pasta Can Be Combined as Final Preparation Step.
- If you Dare, Enhance Your Enjoyment of this Savory Dish by Using Chop Sticks Instead of a Fork!
Mixing the Thai Peanut Sauce
Other Quick Good Recipes from Dad Cook!
© 2012 Peter Leeper