Dad Cook: Good Recipes for Dinner: Taco Squares with 3 to 4 Ingredients
Dad, The Family is Going to Love This Quick Easy Recipe!
If you have read my other Dad Cook recipies' you know that I am interested in meals that are easy to make, require few ingredients, and last but not least taste great. This latest easy to do recipe I am winging it on a bit as I never asked my mother for the actual recipe and decided it was simple enough to figure out on my own. I know the women reading this are rolling their eyes right now and saying "yeah right"! "He probably said that last time he said he was going to take the garbage out too!"!
Whether this ist he case or not, I assure you that even the "simplest" of Dads can pull this one off!
3-4 Ingredient Taco Squares
- Can Grands Creasent Rolls, unseparated
- Can Refried Beans
- as desired Ground Beef
- as desired Shredded Chedder or Mexican Cheese
- a pinch or two cornmeal
- Pre-Heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Prep your cook ware with pam, margarine or corn meal (for the health conscious) to prevent sticking (cover all inner surfaces of cookware)
- Open Pillsbury Grands! Crescent Rolls and Unroll: NOTE: Do not break the pieces off into the pre-cut triangles but leave in one large rectangle
- Place crescent roll dough into cookware and allow the sides of the cookware to be covered with dough as well in “crust” form
- Open desired amount of Refried bean cans and fill the cookware until the beans are about ½ way up the crust
- Brown Ground beef in a frying pan and spread evenly on top of the refried beans
- Add Shredded Cheese liberally to top off the dish
- Bake in Oven at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until the crescent dough is golden brown and the refried beans and hamburger are thoroughly hot to the touch
Alternatively, you can mix the refried beans and hamburger together before placing it in the dish on top of the rolled out crescent rolls
Patience is a Virtue!
Your wife and kids will have to be a little patient with this meal but it will be worth the wait. You can hold over their appetite by offering some chips and salsa or queso dip, or both!
This Easy DIY Taco Square recipe is a fun way to mix it up a little for dinner time and is simple enough your younger kids can “help”!
Other Recipes You Might Like from Dad Cook
© 2012 Peter Leeper