Dairy Free Strawberry Dreamy Smoothie
Please Take A Moment to Rate My Recipe
A breakfast smoothie that everybody will love
Hello friends I have come up with yet another irresistible Strawberry smoothie recipe. For the past few days I was desperate to share this recipe with you guys but I had my hands full with some other work. I was busy shopping. I am about to go on a vacation so I was on a shopping spree. Of course you know why! Yeah right, there is no such girl in the world who will have enough dresses and accessories before going out on a vacation!
You know girls act like freaks while shopping and I am no exception to the rule. One thing positive that happened to me due to this mad shopping spree was that when I was giving innumerable trials on dresses I could see a wicked paunch grinning at me from underneath the dresses. God it was so devastating! All the beautiful dresses that I was trying were somehow looking ridiculous on me. I started figuring out that with a little bit of daily workout and with some dietary restriction I will be able to get back to my previous shape.
Apart from running on the treadmill on alternate days I started having a lot of fruit and liquid intake. Milk and dairy products or any form of red meat( O how much I miss them!) got banned from my daily menu immediately. Whereas more and more vegetables and white meat got incorporated in the diet. Even foods rich in carbohydrates like rice, bread, tortilla and sugar were eaten with caution.
The result was outstanding.
Within a fortnight I can feel the difference. I feel all the more energetic and active. I can do a lot more work now than I was able to do before. What is most important is that now i can easily fit into any dress of my choice. I have started loving my body once more. Yes that is the reward for my effort.
This particular Dairy Free Strawberry Smoothie has become one of my daily breakfast companions now. This smoothie is so healthy that anyone who wants to shed the extra pounds can have it on a regular basis. He or she is bound to get good results. Moreover lactose intolerant people can enjoy it too. Although this smoothie does not use any form of milk or yogurt yet it is so creamy and tasty that you will crave for it every morning at your breakfast table.
The main attractions of this diet smoothie
Everybody from kids to grownups will fall in love with this lovely pinkish orange smoothie. As because it is rich in energy and low in carbohydrates and calories it will help you kick-start your morning with a big bang!
So what goes inside this nutritious morning drink?
- Strawberries- These cute heart shaped fruits help us to burn fat, lower the risk of heart diseases, improve bone health and also retains the elasticity of our skin.
- Blueberries- These small juicy blue colored fruits helps to promote your brain health, fights cancer, prevents UTI (Urinary Tract Infections), a natural source of Vitamin C, strengthen our immunity system as well as help us to keep our weight under control.
- Orange juice- Juice extracted from fresh oranges have many health benefits like it helps to reduce inflammation, checks your blood pressure level, improves skin and lower the production of bad cholesterol in your body.
Thus you can see what a huge amount of health benefits we are likely to get everyday from a single glass of smoothie drink.
All you need is a good blender!
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Strawberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup Blueberries, frozen
- 1 tablespoon Flax Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
How to prepare the healthy strawberry smoothie
- Pour all the ingredients in a blender and then zip, zap and zoom. Your Fat free creamy dreamy strawberry smoothie is ready to be served for breakfast. Happy Slurping!
|Serving size: 1 glass|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 15 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Creamy yet not creamy at all- Useful tip
Although the smoothie appears to be creamy yet it is not creamy at all. There is no use of diary products like yogurt, milk or whipped cream. So it can be enjoyed regularly without any guilt of putting on weight.
So what is the secret behind this creamy appeal!
- I used frozen fruits instead of ice. Frozen fruits serves two purposes-
- As fruits are frozen so they supplement the need of ice in the drink.
- Frozen fruits help to make the drink thick and creamy. If you use ice or water you are diluting the entire drink.
You can also check out my other Strawberry smoothie recipe
- Valentine's Day Special- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
This Valentine's Day woo your love with this lovely pink smoothie. This smoothie is sure to turn on your beloved for some romance.
Which one of my Strawberry Smoothie recipes is tastier?
Check out this dairy free protein smoothie
If you are a fitness freak and want to add veggies in your smoothie recipe here is a good video for you. It is very interesting to see how the guy in the video uses a particular veggie in his smoothie recipe. I will not give out the secret. Have a look for yourself.
© 2014 Deblina Banerjee