Instructions for Making Daisy Cupcakes
Things You'll Need:
- 1 White or Yellow Cake Mix to make 24 cupcakes
- 1 Can of Vanilla (White) Cake Frosting
- 1 Pack of Small candy Daisy toppers
- Small container of edible pearl dragees
- Pack of mint (green colored) chewing gum or green fruit roll-ups (to create leaves)
- Pastel pink, blue and/or yellow-colored cupcake liners
- Blue Food Coloring
Making the Daisy Cupcakes:
Follow instructions on cake mix box to bake 24 cupcakes.
After cupcakes have cooled (at least one-half hour after removing them from the oven), remove from pan.
Place Vanilla Frosting in medium-sized bowl. Squirt approximately two drops of blue food coloring into icing and blend well with wooden spoon. This should create a pastel blue color icing. If too light, add another drop or two of the blue food coloring and mix again.
Frost each cupcake generously. Place candy daisy in center of each cupcake. Gently place edible pearl dragees around Daisy on cupcake. Cut small leaves from mint green chewing gum pieces or green fruit roll ups. Place a leaf on each side of every daisy.
Place decorated cupcakes in refrigerator for at least one hour to set.
These cupcakes are very pretty and would make beautiful dessert for a bridal or wedding shower. They are also a nice cupcake design for a Spring or Summer birthday party.