Dark Chocolate Cake With Rich Chocolate Frosting/Icing Recipe
I Love Chocolate!
I believe many would say the same thing. But until recently, I did not know that not all chocolates are created equal. I read studies that "dark" chocolate contains cocoa phenols which have shown to lower blood pressure. Not to mention it is rich in anti-oxidants which help fight free radicals, destructive molecules which contribute to heart disease and other ailments.
Ingredients: Dark Chocolate Cake
2 cups cake flour
2 cups white sugar
1 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cold brewed coffee
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Ingredients: Rich Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup butter-softened,no substitutes
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9" cake pans or one 9x13 pan.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine flour,baking powder,salt,soda,cocoa,and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs,coffee,buttermilk,vanilla,and oil.
- Mix until well combined. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let layers set for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire cooling racks.
- Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl,cream butter.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar,cocoa, and vanilla.
- Add milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost the cake.