- Food and Cooking
Date Night at Home: Oven Barbeque Pork Chops
Rate Oven Barbeque Pork Chops
Going out to dinner every night or weekend gets really expensive, so to save some cash, we have date nights at home. I try to create simple, but filling dinners for our family, which includes working around the feeding schedule of a baby. This meal is super easy to throw together and is delicious. I serve these chops with roasted red potatoes and corn.
- 4 Bone In Pork Chops
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Barbeque sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and trim pork chops.
- Using a 13 x 9 baking dish, add a little water to cover the bottom. Sprinkle a layer of chopped onions. Salt and pepper both sides of your pork chops and lay them over the onions. Add another layer of onions on top of the chops. Add more water to cover the meat.
- Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Carefully drain off the water, but don't dump out the onions. Baste chops with your barbeque sauce. Return to the oven and broil for 10 minutes to get the sauce good and carmelized. Remove from broiler.
Side Dish: Roasted Red Potatoes
To make roasted red potatoes:
- Melt 1/4 C of butter in an 8 x 8 baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 C of parmesan cheese and 1 clove of crushed garlic over the melted butter. Sprinkle 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper.
- Cut up 8 to 10 red or new potatoes into bite size chunks.
- Place chunks of potatoes in the dish with the butter mixture. Use a basting brush to dab butter/garlic/pepper mixture over the potatoes.
- Place in the oven under the dish of baking pork chops; they'll be ready when the pork chops are done.