Dates Cake Stickydate pudding
Dates cake or stickydate pudding you cant say no to. A very soft and moist cake. Quick and easy to make having a guest coming over quickly whip up a dates cake. Have some dates in the pantry and dont know what to do make dates cake. A great cake to make for kids as well no child will say no to this cake.
- 2 Cups Dates chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Bi carb soda
- 1 cup Water, boiling
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 80 g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Self raising Flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a cake pan. In a bowl put bi carb soda and hot water mix well. Add chopped dates and set aside.
- Using a electric beater beat eggs until pale, creamy and slightly thick. Add butter and oil and beat until well combined. Slowly add sugar while beating.
- Add flour and dates and beat for 1min or until combined. Pour this onto the greased pan and bake for 20mins or when you insert a skewer in the middle it comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5mins then flip it out to the wired rack to cool completely. When it is completely cooled slice it and serve with your favorite sauce. See Notes for the sauce recipe.
Butter sauce recipe
2 tablespoons milk
4 Tablespoons sugar
In a pan add butter and sugar cook until butter and sugar has melted and combined add milk and cook for 1min remove from heat and pour it onto the dates cake and serve. Enjoy it.
Asweeni's Kitchen is on Facebook dont forget to like.
© 2014 Asweeni's Kitchen