- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Dates Cake Stickydate pudding
Dates cake or stickydate pudding you cant say no to. A very soft and moist cake. Quick and easy to make having a guest coming over quickly whip up a dates cake. Have some dates in the pantry and dont know what to do make dates cake. A great cake to make for kids as well no child will say no to this cake.
- 2 Cups Dates chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Bi carb soda
- 1 cup Water, boiling
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 80 g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Self raising Flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a cake pan. In a bowl put bi carb soda and hot water mix well. Add chopped dates and set aside.
- Using a electric beater beat eggs until pale, creamy and slightly thick. Add butter and oil and beat until well combined. Slowly add sugar while beating.
- Add flour and dates and beat for 1min or until combined. Pour this onto the greased pan and bake for 20mins or when you insert a skewer in the middle it comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5mins then flip it out to the wired rack to cool completely. When it is completely cooled slice it and serve with your favorite sauce. See Notes for the sauce recipe.
Butter sauce recipe
2 tablespoons milk
4 Tablespoons sugar
In a pan add butter and sugar cook until butter and sugar has melted and combined add milk and cook for 1min remove from heat and pour it onto the dates cake and serve. Enjoy it.
Asweeni's Kitchen is on Facebook dont forget to like.
Other Recipes From Asweeni's Kitchen
- Choc balls
Choc balls are made the same way Rum balls are made but in choc balls you dont put rum.
- Fruit Condensed Milk Jelly
A kids friendly easy to make desert. A dessert under ten dollars to feed a family of 12 or you can have them over few days
- Rice Bubble Slices or Bar
A very easy and cheap recipe to do at home. Its one of the kids favorite. You can also make them into different colours as well. The best part is you can use homemade marshmallows as well in this recipe.
- South Indian Crepe Dosa
Dosa is made in different ways in south india. It is a very common breakfast in most south indian homes. It takes a lot of practice to make perfect Dosa. The key to making Perfect Dosa is the batter. If your batter is made at the right consistency th
- No Gelatin Marshallow
I found this recipe on Facebook which didnt require gelatin to my surprise I decided to try it. When I was reading the recipe it wasnt clear as it didnt have any timings or exact measurements.
- Coconut Milk Chicken Curry
Chicken cooked in coconut milk and spices one of the delicious curry to have. Not only thai people use coconut milk in their curry but indians also use coconut milk. This is a fiji indian curry.
- Choc ripple
The easiest cake ever to make. I am a big fan of biscuits, I love to create thing with biscuits. So here is my creation of choc ripple cake. Once you try this you wouldnt want to try anything else. This is a classic Australian cake. There's zero baki
Peda is a indian sweet which is usually made of milk. Some people call it milk fudge. Here in my recipe I have used condensed milk and milk powder. The texture is usually semi soft.
- Easy Tamarind Chutney
Easy tamarind chutney which is sweet, sour and very spicy. You can use this as a relish as well it goes well with sandwiches and rice aswell or as a dip.
- Sweet Chilly Chicken
Indian Chinese inspired food.