- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Salad Recipes
Dave and Busters Honey Mustard Spinach Salad Recipe
Here is the recipe for Dave and Busters Honey Mustard Spinach Salad. It is absolutely delicious. Chicken, Mushrooms, spinach, tossed with candied pecans,crispy bacon,onions and warm honey mustard dressing. My daughter even ate this and she is a picky eater. I normally don't like honey mustard but with the bacon it has so much flavor.This is a must have for your recipe collection.
- 1/2 Cup, Pecans
- 2 Tablespoons, Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons, Butter
- 1 Bag, Spinach
- 4 Egg, Yolks
- 1 Tablespoon, Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 3/4 Cup, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon, Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon, Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon, tarragon chopped
- Dash Red Wine Vinegar
- 5 Slices Bacon
- 1/2 Cup, Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup, Water
- 6 Button, Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Cooked Rotissary Chicken, Shredded
- 1 Dash, Red Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 cup honey
- First Start to Candy your Pecans. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on the stove. When melted- add your pecans and cook for 1 minute. Pour your pecans onto the foil lined baking sheet.
- Wash Your spinach in cold water- drain and set aside.
- Cook your five pieces of bacon and set aside leaving the bacon drippings in the pan.
- Chop up your onion and start to cook the onion in the drippings. Slice your mushrooms and cook in the drippings as well. Saute till soft.
- While the onions and mushrooms are cooking. Get out a small bowl. Whisk your egg yolks til frothy. Add the 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar, and juice of the lemon. Now add your olive oil and mix very well.
- Now add your honey to the egg bowl, tarragon, dash red wine vinegar, and dijon mustard.
- Now add your egg mixture to your onion mixture in the saucepan.
- In a small cup add your Cornstarch to 1/4 cup water.
- Add your water mixture to the onion mixture and bring to a boil. Dressing will thicken. Keep warm and stir continuously till ready to serve salad.
- Chop your bacon.
- Lay out your spinach leaves on a plate. Break up your candied pecans and top your salad, dressing,chicken, and bacon. Your salad is complete. This should make approximately 3 salads.