- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Dave's Famous Barbecue Beef Brisket Recipe
Break out your slow cooker and get ready to sink your teeth into the most tender beef brisket you've ever tasted. This is Dave Cald's famous recipe, and I guarantee you're gonna love it so let's get started!
Things You'll Need:
- 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker
- small saucepan
- a bowl
- (1) 2 1/2 pound fresh beef brisket
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 6 ounces water
- 2 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp instant beef bouillon granules
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter or butter substitute
- Prepare the cooking liquid by stirring the water, bouillon granules, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, mustard, cayenne pepper and chili powder together in a bowl. Remove 1/2 cup of the prepared cooking liquid, and set it aside.
- Trim the fat off of the beef brisket, and if needed cut the meat so that it will fit into your slow cooker.
- Set the beef brisket into your 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker and pour the bowl of liquid over the beef.
- Put the lid on your slow cooker. Cook on the high-heat setting for 5-6 hours or on the low-heat setting for 10-12 hours.
- Prepare the barbecue sauce. In a small bowl stir together the reserved 1/2 cup of cooking liquid, brown sugar, butter, and ketchup. Heat through over medium heat.
- Serve this delicious tender beef brisket with the homemade barbecue sauce and enjoy!
- Dave's Famous Habanero Chili Dip Recipe
You haven't tasted great Habanero Chili Dip unless you've tried Dave's famous recipe. Okay, well it's not so famous yet, but one taste and you''ll be hooked. This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make, and...