- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Habanero Chili con Queso Dip
A few little habanero peppers really pack some heat into this super cheesy Mexican style dip. Dig in with some tortilla chips, but be sure to have a frosty beverage on hand to help put out the fire!
- (1) 16oz Velveeta™ Pasteurized Cheese loaf, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- (2) 4oz cans Ortega™ Diced Green Chiles
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 habanero peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, and cook until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, habanero peppers and canned chiles (do not drain the chiles). Bring to a boil.
- Reduce their heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss the Velveeta™ and Monterey Jack cheeses together with the cornstarch.
- Gradually add your cheese mixture to the saucepan, stirring until the cheese melts and your dip is heated throughout.
- Serve with tortilla chips, and enjoy!
|Serving size: 1/4 cup of dip|
|Calories from Fat||81|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 3 g|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 31 mg||10%|
|Sodium 390 mg||16%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|