Decadence Chocolate Chip Brownie Recipe
For the Love Of Brownies
It was my husbands birthday this week and I wanted to make him some super chocolate brownies to show him I care. I didn't have any super easy packaged brownies left in the cupboard because honestly I haven't been grocery shopping in over a week. I need to add that to my to do list sometime soon. I decided to use my knowledge of cooking and my on hand ingredients to create a awesome chocolate dessert that he could take and share with his friends. Sometimes it odes feel like I have a third child, hmmm.
Brownies are a favorite to bring places because once cut they don't require a fork or plate, you can put it on a napkin and serve. We were serving 15 kids plus 12 adults at tonight sgroup so this makes a huge difference to us. Cake is messy and requires plates, forks, and lots of clean up.
What Makes Brownies?
Here is what I know the packaged brownie recipe has flour and chocolate in it right? Usually you add oil and egg to the mix. I personally would rather use butter and eggs versus oil in my baking. So a stick of butter and several eggs replace the need for oil. I also never use margarine, it is similar to a bad word in my house but that doesn't make me Paula Deen. I like butter but rarely use it in excess in moderation it is a more natural ingredient than margarine.
Baking soda makes baked good rise, this doesn't seem like a huge ingredients but it packs it's power in the oven. Don't forget this little ingredient when you are baking.
Did you notice there is no sugar in brownies? It isn't needed and not an ingredient that is typically used in brownies, the sweetness after all comes from the chocolate.
I used a little bit of both chocolate chips and cocoa powder in this recipe I think it gives it the right amount of gooey yumminess and the right amount of good chocolate taste.
Double Chocolate Brownies
Cook Time for Brownies
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- Yields: 8 by 8 pan
Ingredients for Brownies
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 - 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
How to Make Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350. In a small saucepan melt the butter, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup cocoa powder on low temperature setting.
- In a large bowl mix together 3 eggs, flour, vanilla, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add melted chocolate mixture to the bowl and continue to mix.
- When the ingredients are mixed well add in about 3/4 of a cup of chocolate chips, mix into bowl well.
- Spray 8 by 8 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour and press mixture into baking pan.
- Sprinkle the last amount of chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Place in oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Time to Bake Brownies
I admit that sometimes when I experiment with baking it doesn't always turn out the way I wanted or expected it to. This brownies however were a hit and were gladly gobbled up by adults and kids alike.