We live for s'mores in my house. We dream of them. We crave them. We cannot wait for summer so that we can cook them over an open fire outside. We gorge on them and dream of more the next day. Basically, we are s'mores junkies.
This past week we were looking forward to our s'mores making and I saw a container of homemade chocolate chip cookies on the counter. Well, let's just say that what followed is not for the faint of heart!!!
- 2 chocolate chip cookies, homemade are better, but store bought work fine
- 1 large marshmallow
- 1 piece (or two or three) chocolate
- Place cookie near campfire with chocolate pieces on top so that they melt a bit.
- Cook marshmallow to your liking over fire.
- Place cooked marshmallow on top of cookie and cover with other cookie.
- If you do not have a fire handy, you can do all this in the microwave as well. Place cookie on plate, add chocolate piece, top with marshmallow and cook for 30-45 seconds (depending on microwave) until marshmallow puffs up. Take out of microwave and top with other cookie. Enjoy!
You can substitute sugar, peanut butter, or any other type of cookie for the chocolate chip. You can also use candy bars in place of the chocolate. Just be warned that a sugar coma will ensue. Have a glass of ice cold milk handy!