- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Delicious Caesar Salad Dressing from Scratch
Please rate this recipe
Dressing the Caesar without piling on the fat
I have a strong dislike of bottled salad dressings. However until recently all my Caesars were subjected to bottled dressings because I couldn't find a really good home made one. I am happy to say that with a bit of experimenting and adjustments from other recipes this one really works.
The dressing can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days in a refrigerator.
Tested by family and friends it has two thumbs up!
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1/2 cup light (real) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 1.5 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp. + 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp mustard - French or dijon
- 1/2 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- to taste preference ground black pepper
- 1 x tbsp capers (optional)
- 1 Large head of organic romaine
- Hard Boil 1 egg, cool and peel. Place in blender with other ingredients except for the capers and lettuce and reserve 1 tbsp. grated parmesan.
- Blend until combined and creamy and smooth. Reserve half the dressing for a second salad. Store in a mason jar in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Cut or tear the lettuce and toss with dressing. Sprinkle with drained capers and additional parmesan (optional according to taste)