Delicious Collection of Fruitcake Recipes
Easy Fruit Cake Recipe
I remember when my mom started making fruit cakes for the Christmas holidays. She started the process long before the holidays. I recall she would pour wine over them every now and then and kept them in the cupboard, I do not remember what kind of container she kept them in, probably a tin.
This collection of fruit cake recipes includes Orange, Applesauce, and Easy Fruit Cake. These recipes are easy and delicious and make a great gifts for the holidays.
- 2 pounds dates, chopped
- 2-14 ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 pounds pecan halves
- 1/2 pound candied cherries, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups coconut
- 1/2 pound candied pineapple, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl; mix the dates, pecan halves, cherries, sweetened condensed milk, pineapple, and the coconut.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Put a pan of water on the lower shelf of the oven.
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour and 30 minutes or until done
- If the cake brown too fast; cover with foil. Excellent for freezing.
Orange Fruit Cake Recipe
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind or 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans
- In a large bowl cream together the shortening and the sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Beat the mixture until creamy.
- Add the soda to buttermilk; add to the mixture.
- Add the flour to the mixture and combine well.
- Stir in the dates, coconut, and the pecans.
- Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for one hour and ten minutes.
Ingredients For Icing
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
Instructions For Icing
- Stir together the confectioner's sugar and the orange juice, drizzle over the hot cake.
Fruit Cake Recipe
Applesauce Fruit Cake Recipe
- 1-12 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 pound dates, chopped
- 2 cup nuts
- 2 cup applesauce
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco shortening or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider juice or wine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 10-inch tube pan, grease the bottom, line with parchment paper, then grease paper.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar, Crisco shortening or the margarine, beat well.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat the mixture together.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and the nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredient alternately to the creamed mixture with the apple cider juice or the wine.
- Add the applesauce, cherries, dates, raisins and the nuts. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour and 15 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack upright, remove the pan and paper.and remove pan and parchment paper.
- Cool completely.
More Great Recipes For The Holidays!
- Homemade Fresh-From-The-Oven Cookie Recipes | Delishably
Tasty homemade cookie recipes, fresh from the oven! Select from lemon, shortbread, oatmeal, peanut butter chocolate kisses and brown sugar Christmas cookies with cream cheese frosting!
- All-Time Favorite Homemade Christmas Candy Recipes | Delishably
You will know the Christmas holiday is drawing near when we start making our favorite Christmas candy recipes. A few of my favorites are divinity, fudge, peanut brittle, divinity, toffee mad more!
- Christmas Food Recipes For Holiday Gatherings And Gifts
The holiday are for parties, gatherings and gift-giving! I have recipes for a cranberry cake and scones, candies, gingerbread, eggnog and wassail. Let's get in the kitchen and start cooking!
- DIY Homemade Food Gift Recipes-Holidays Or Any Occasion
Need a gift for someone, give a homemade food gift, we all love to eat! The Christmas holiday or any occasion is a wonderful time to give a food gift to the person that has everything!