'Dishes for a Healthy Lifestyle: Summer Delight Fresh Peach No-Crust, No-Fuss Pie'
Fresh Peach No-Crust Pie
Peach Pie Poem
Peach Pie, You Caught my eye.
Grabbed a Fork,
Chewed and Swallowed---
Peach Pie Poem
- Penny Parker Klostermann | Children's Author and Poet
I'm a picture book author. One of my favorite things to do is visits schools so that I can share my love for reading and writing with students.You can find information about my author visits HERE. My books, A COOKED-UP FAIRY TALE and THERE WAS AN OLD
Preparation and Baking Time
Ingredients: Filling and Topping
- 4 Cups Sliced Fresh Peaches, Sliced
- 3 Tbs. Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup Fruit Juice Sweetened Apricot Preserves
- 4 tbs Sugar, Optional
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp.. Nutmeg
- 1 Tbs.. Maple Syrup, Optional: Can Substitute with Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla, Extract
- 1/4 cup Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1 Tsp. Cornmeal
- For Filling: Gently mix Peaches with Flour and Place in a 9" pie pan.
- Mix Together Preserves, sugar (If Desired), Lemon Juice and Nutmeg.
- Spoon over Peaches and Bake at 375 Degrees for 30 Minutes.
- Remove From Oven.
- Topping: Combine Maple Syrup and Vanilla Extract in a Bowl.
- Stir in Oats and Cornmeal. Mix Well.
- Crumble Topping Mixture Over Peach Filling and Return to Oven for 15 More Minutes.
- Serve Warm or Cold.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 23 g||8%|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 1 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|