- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Delicious French Toast
Affordable breakfast for the family
Have you ever wondered what to do with that old loaf of bread, that is still okay to eat but is not as fresh as you would like it to be? Well you can repurpose it by making french toast. I created the following recipe by using what I had at the time in the refrigerator. I ended up making rich, sweet french toast that my kids liked so much that they wanted seconds. This was a big deal considering how picky my kids are.
- 1 cup and a half almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 8 to 10 slices of bread
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons or so butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- your favorite syrup
- Place your bread in the toaster, to give the bread texture,once it is finish set to the side.
- Mix your ingredients well: almond milk, eggs, vanilla,sugar,salt,and cinnamon.
- Heat up an iron skillet, put butter in the skillet and let it sizzle, without burning. The temp setting should be about medium.
- Dip the toasted bread in the mixture, making sure to coat both sides well.Place it in the sizzling skillet. Flip the toast in about a minute and a half. You want the toast to crisp in the butter. You do not want the toast to be to soft or soggy. Allow it to cook on both sides.
- Serve warm with your favorite syrup