- Food and Cooking
Delicious Homemade Spaghetti Sauce with Italian Sausage
I think everyone enjoys authentic Italian food. This recipe is delicious, filling, and comforting. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1 Package Italian Sausage, Sweet or hot, depending on taste
- 1 Pound Hamburger Meat
- 2 Cans Sliced Mushrooms, Drained
- 2 Cans Tomato Puree
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Large Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- 2 or 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Peeled and pressed
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano, Dried-More or less to taste
- 1 Talespoon Basil, Dried-More or less to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, Dried-More or less to taste
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 2 Shakes Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- Brown hamburger first. Drain and add to large spaghetti pot. Brown sausage and onion and add to hamburger; Do not drain sausage. Add tomato puree, tomatoe sauce, diced tomatoes, garlic, and mushrooms to hamburger and and sausage. Mix well, warming over medium heat while adding herbs.
- Continue to cook over medium heat for 1 hour. Add salt and pepper, along with sugar. Cook on medium-low another 1 or 2 hours. Serve hot over spaghetti or angel hair pasta.
- Garlic Bread Recipe:
- Slice one loaf of fresh italian bread. Mix softened butter or margarine, 1-1/2 cloves garlic and a pinch of parsely in small bowl. Spread over bread slices and broil in oven until golden brown. The amount of butter is dependent upon the amount of bread you choose to make.
© 2013 Dannell