Delicious Honey Garlic Meatballs
Ready to Eat
Less then 45 Minutes Away from Delicious Meatballs
The following instructions are very simple to follow. The finished product is sure to please. I have been making these for years, it is a recipe that my mother passed down to me, which she developed herself. As part of the church, she is always looking for different easy items to take to the weekly dinners. These have always gotten rave reviews. I find myself also making them for potlucks and work events. Not to mention a favorite in my household. Quite often I make them as the main dish and serve with buttered noodles. When I visit my parents, my mother and I make them together, gives us a great chance to catch up on events in our lives.
Preparation and Cook Time
- 2 Pounds Lean Hamburger
- 1 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 TSP Salt
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, onion, eggs and salt together in a large bowl. Make sure is mixed together thoroughly.
- Shape into balls 1 inch in size. This can be done by using a spoon, or a meatball shaping tool. I often use my hands, find that is the easiest way to shape the perfect ball.
- Place balls onto a large cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 500 degrees.
- Drain the meatballs well after taking them out of the oven and put into a large bowl.
- See below for sauce instructions.
Meatball Sauce Ingredients
1 Tablespoon Butter
4 Cloves Crushed Garlic (or 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder)
3/4 Cup Ketchup
1/4 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
Melt the butter in the microwave.
Add the garlic with the butter and microwave a bit longer till garlic is tender.
Add ketchup, honey, and soy sauce and heat through in the microwave.
Pour over the meatballs and gently stir the sauce to cover all of the meatballs.
Meatballs are ready to enjoy!