Delicious Jicama-Papaya-Mango Salad: Delicious Vegan Dish
Yummy Healthy Food
Delicious Vegan Dish
This salad is light and refreshing, perfect for a summer afternoon. The lime and cayenne pepper give it a kick, and the fruit makes it tasty and refreshing. If you are on a detox diet this salad is perfect for you. Just cut out the salt and the olive oil. Jicama is sometimes known as a Mexican potato, you can find them in health food markets. However, they are not available in the UK; instead you could use grated parsnip.
4 cups cubed papaya
2 cups julienned jicama (very thin)
1 diced medium mango (make sure it is ripe)
1 small shallot sliced very thin using a mandolin
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups baby spinach
This recipe will serve four people and it takes about 30 minutes to prepare.
Making the Jicama
1. To make the jicama cut the ends off the jicama using a sharp knife
2. Peel the skin off and wash with cold water
3. Cut the jicama in half and cut it into thin strips using a mandolin (julienne)
Making the Mango
1. To prepare the mango cut either side of the mango downwards. Do not cut too close to the pip of the mango.
2. Using a sharp knife score the flesh into squares.
3. Turn the mango inside out and slice off the cubes with a sharp knife.
1.Put the papaya,jicama, mango, shallots, and cilantro into a mixing bowl and put to one side.
2. Using a whisk mix the lime juice, olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper. Pour the dressing over the fruit and serve over a baby spinach.
Note: You can enjoy this dish as a main meal, or as a side dish