How To Make Delicious Lebanese Green Beans- Easy Recipe
Lebanese Green Beans Recipe
This green bean recipe for the best Lebanese green beans. This recipe of green has been used in my family for many years and is one of our favorites and is sure to please. These green beans will be easy to make and delicious. You will be asked if there is any left for another serving. This recipe yields 2 lbs of green beans or serves 6. Double ingredients for double batch.
Delicious Lebanese Green Beans
Green Beans Before Cooking
Cook Time May Vary
Wanted to make sure you understood that the cook time may vary. If you have green beans that are tough, then the cook time could be a lot longer. It all depends on the beans!
Please make sure you wash your green beans! Cut the tips of your green beans.
About Green Beans
Green beans come in canned, frozen and fresh availability. We use the fresh green beans when making this dish. Did you know that beans contain high concentrations of lectins ( carbohydrate-binding proteins) and may be harmful if consumed in excess in uncooked or improperly cooked form.
Please Rate Lebanese Green Beans
- 2 Lbs Washed Fresh Green Beans - Cut Tips of Ends, Optional: De-String
- 6 Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
- 1 1/2 Lbs Beef Chunks, Cut To 1/2
- 1 Tablespoonful Nutmeg
- 1 Large Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 3/4 Stick Butter
- 1 Teaspoonful Salt
- 1 Teaspoonful Pepper
- 1 Tablespoonful Cinnamon, Substitute Allspice
- 2 Large Onions, Sliced Into 1/2
- 1/2 Cup Oil
Frying Pan With Lid
- Steam your 2 lbs of green beans in one large pan. (Place a cup of water in bottom of pan, and cover with tight lid). Medium heat and steam until tender.
- In large frying pan, add your oil, onion, meat, all spices (also salt and pepper) and saute meat until lightly browned for approximately 15 minutes on low to medium heat. Stir every couple minutes until done
- When onions are pretty well soft, add your green beans and saute until the beans are covered with a glistening of the ingredients. Let saute for no less than 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir
- Stir in can tomatoes
- Cover tightly with lid and let simmer until beans are soft. This process is hard to tell you time because it depends on the beans. It's usually around 20 to 30 minutes for me, but I like a bean very soft
Great Deal On Cooking Pans
Looking For Dinner Recipe?
- Easy Beef Stroganoff (Hamburger Stroganoff) Recipe T...
Easy Beef Stroganoff (Hamburger Stroganoff) Recipe. Quick and sure to please. This dish everyone will be sure to eat.
Other Great Recipes!
- Chinese Stir-fried Chicken with Green Beans and Almo...
If you like Chinese stir-fries made with chicken breasts, you will love this recipe for stir-fried chicken with green beans and almonds. It also contains red bell pepper and water chestnuts. The sauce contains soy sauce, sesame seed oil and just a li
- How to Cook Fresh Green Beans: Paula Deen's Deliciou...
A recipe for the best green beans you've ever tasted: fresh, delicious green beans simmered in chicken broth with new potatoes and onion slivers.