Modern No Bake Peanut Butter Cups
Rate this Recipe
A PB Snack Mix-Up
We all have that one food item we buy at the store because we can't seem to master the same glorious love at home that the brand name has. There's always something off in a copycat recipe or you love the final results but are less apt to start vlogging about the perfectly duplicated famous PB Cup filler taste - that has never been achieved.
I found the original recipe via Google and immediately decided it needed some major upgrades and food swaps. I was in a hurry and believe that they would have been closer to the real deal than they were, but I also think the cheaper ingredients deducted from the flavor and texture that we so often to relate to when reaching for the name brand PB Cup.
So, in true nerdy fashion, I decided (on a whim) to make PB Cups for the Other and revamped the tired traditional recipe into a still simple but modern take on creating this simple and sweet dessert.
- 12 (24) Paper Cupcake Cups, 12 Medium OR 24 Small
- 12 oz Semi-Sweet Melting Chocolate (Almond Bark), Rough Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt, Baking Salt
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
Creating the Epicness
- Gather all of the ingredients, mixing bowls, and utensils you will need and measure out peanut butter, powdered sugar, and salt into containers. FOR BEST RESULTS: - Use ALL NATURAL peanut butter
- Prep 12 count muffin pan with 1" candy paper cups and spray with non-stick baking spray, *To make mini's (Approx. 48) - 48 1' mini muffin paper cups Double Chocolate - 24 oz Melting Chocolate instead.
- ***BOTTOM LAYER*** Pour 12 oz Milk Chocolate bark and 1/4 Cup Reeses PB Chocolate Chips - finely chopped - into double boiler and melt until thin. *Stirring often to ensure it doesn't seize or burn. **For best results do not microwave chocolate.
- Once melted pour 1 Tbsp. Chocolate into each cup. Spread bottom layer flat then tip paper cup slightly on its side to create 'wall coating' This will ultimately hide the peanut butter in the middle.
- ***FILLING*** Combine salt, peanut butter, and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Mix until creamy and smooth. Refreigerate mixture for 5-8 minutes to allow fillig to be workable.]
- Once PB Filling is cool powder clean, dry hands with powdered sugar and hand press 12 PB patties.
- Place PB patties in center of hardened chocolate shell. Patties should be slightly smaller than the bottom of the chocolate cups to allow filling to hug the PB Filling better. (Yum!)
- Pour remaining melted chocolate over PB patties. Reheat chocolate as needed.
- Place on tray and let set. Refrigerate for best results