Quick and Easy Taco Casserole
Easy Taco Casserole
Taco casserole has been a favorite in my family for as long as I can remember. It's easy to make and delicious. Not much of a mess to clean up since everything's cooked in one pan. Give it a try and see what your family says. Worst case scenario would be you don't have to make it again, but I bet that won't happen!
Vote On It After They Eat!
- 1 lb Ground Beef, or Ground Round
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Taco Sauce, Old El Paso is fine
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- 1 cup Diced Green Chiles, Diced
- 1 package Taco Seasoning Mix, Old El Paso is fine
- 12 Taco Shells, Any Brand Is fine
- (Optiona)l 1 Cup Green onions, Chopped
- (Optional) 1 Cup Sour Cream
- (Optional) 1 Cup Tomatoes, Diced
Nice Casserole Dish For Cooking
- Pre-Heat Oven To 375 degrees
- You will need a 11 x 7 or 12 x 9 baking dish (non-stick) or if you don't have non-stick pan, spray with cooking spray or lightly oil to avoid sticking
- First, cook your pound of ground beef and chopped onion until meat is done; drain grease thoroughly. Stir in 3/4 cup of water, the chilies, seasoning mix and taco sauce. Let that simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. Take your broken up taco shells and layer almost half of the baking dish with shells. Take half of your meat mixture and cover the shells. With using only (1) Cup of your shredded cheese, sprinkle the meat and shells over the mixture
- Now, just repeat what you did with the rest of the mixture and remaining ingredients. Place in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and melted.