- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pork Recipes
Delicious Summer Recipes: Apple Pork Chops
These recipes are delicious, colorful... and best of all nutritious! And just in time for summer!
I have complied a bunch of my favorite nutritious recipes for you. These recipes are very tasteful and are all good for you- and they are all easy to make. Trust me, if I can do it- so can you!!!
I have also matched beverages and appetizers with each- but feel free to mix and match with the other recipes I have included in this group (Let me know if you come up with any great combos!!)
Let me know if you have any questions about them, and I am welcome to any alterations as well!!!
Entrée: Apple Pork Chops
A sweet and tangy sauce of brown sugar and mustard with a hint of cloves is the luscious finish to this classic combination of apples and pork baked to perfection.
Recipe yield: 4.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 (1/2-inch thick) pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Heat oil in large skillet. Saute onion in oil for 1 minute, or until tender. Remove onion and set aside. Brown pork chops on both sides in oil.
3. Place chops in an 8x12 inch baking dish and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Cover the chops with the apples and cooked onion.
4. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, cloves and water. Pour over chops. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes. Enjoy!
Beverage: Cranberry Punch
Cranberry-apple juice mixed with ginger ale and garnished with slices of lime and sprigs of mint.
Recipe yield: 6.
- 1 1/2 liters cranberry-apple juice
- 1 liter ginger ale
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- 6 cups ice
1. Half-fill 6 tall glasses with ice. Fill to about three quarters with cranberry-apple juice. Pour ginger ale evenly into the glasses. Stir gently. Decorate with lime and mint sprigs.
Appetizer: Delicious Artichoke Dip
This hot artichoke dip is the life of any party. Serve hot with celery, toasted bread or crackers.
Recipe yield: 7
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and onion. When these ingredients are combined, mix in artichoke hearts, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a shallow baking dish.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until light brown on top.