Deliciously Creepy Breakfast Foods for Halloween or a Zombie Party
Halloween and parties often center around candy and sweets. In all the excitement boring meals are often rushed through or even skipped. Make this Halloween or your next zombie party different by making breakfast a part of the festivities! These are all super easy to make and are sure to gross out and delight! Enjoy!
You will need
- Your favorite pancake recipe
- Red food coloring
- Red Jam, such as Raspberry or Strawberry
- Make your favorite pancake recipe only add a few drops of the red food coloring to the liquid before mixing into the dry ingredients.
- Continue following your pancake recipe until all the batter has been cooked into pancakes. These can be made whatever size you want.
- Rip off the edges of the pancake, this will help it look more like torn pieces of flesh.
- Using the back of a spoon spread some of the jam onto the plate in a circle larger than the pancake.
- Place pancake on jam and use the back of the spoon make some of the jam from the plate go on the torn edges of the pancake.
- Add some Jam on top of the pancake and stack another pancake on top. Also make some of the jam go on the torn edges.
- Make some gashes in the flesh by simply pinching out some pancake from the top and add a little jam to the "wound"
- They are now ready to serve!
- Frugal Halloween Decorating Ideas: Living Simple
Here are some wonderful suggestions for decorating your home this Halloween without spending a lot of money.
- Zombie Fighting Apparel: What's In Your Closet?
Eventually, the zombies will be upon us. You’ve got the skills, the supplies and the weapons. You’re ready to face the inevitable. Have you given any thought about your wardrobe?
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt (not just for for Kids) - Plan a Hauntingly Good Game!
Halloween is a great time to get creative. Halloween scavenger hunt clues can help to increase this, leading children on a Halloween quest. However, there are some things that you need to consider when creating a Halloween scavenger hunt for kids...
You will need:
- Eggs, 2 per serving
- Milk, 1 teaspoon per egg
- Red food coloring, 1 drop per egg
- Salt to taste
- Small bowl, custard dish or ramekin, 4oz
- Determine how many brains you will be making. Scramble together the appropriate amount of eggs, milk, food coloring and salt.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook eggs in pan, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat as soon as the eggs are cooked, try not to over cook them.
- In the pan separate the eggs into equally sized piles for as many brains your making.
- Take each pile and press them into the small bowl. Take your plate and place it top side down over the bowl and flip over. You should now have a nice pile of brains on your plate.
- If you want you can also use your fingers to carefully indent the center of the brain.
For this I used turkey bacon but you can use whatever type you like. The idea is to cut or break it into small enough pieces so that it looks like bits of skin instead of bacon. You can cut your bacon before you cook it or after. Cut it into strips like I did or irregular chunks... whatever you think will gross out best!
Severed Toast-ed Fingers
- Halloween Makeup Tips
So you want to do your own makeup for Halloween but you have no idea where to start. Here are a few tips to help you on your way.
- Easy Halloween Crafts: Handprint and Footprint Art
Looking for easy Halloween crafts using your child's handprints or footprints? Find out how to create over 10 different art ideas and several fun craft projects to make with your kids.
- Trollbeads: Halloween 2012 Collection
This hub article is written about Trollbeads 2012 Halloween Collection. This article specifically details the 3 beads (2 Silver and 1 Glass bead) in the collection. It is a small offering for this holiday by Trollbeads, but definitely packs a large p
You will need:
- Red Jam, such as raspberry or strawberry
- Sharp Knife
- Toast and butter the bread to your preference.
- Use the sharp knife to cut four finger shapes out of the toast.
- Arrange on plate and add nice big globs of "blood!" (Jam)
What deliciously creepy foods do you like to eat on Halloween or for Zombie parties? Let me know in the comments ^_^ Have a happy and safe Halloween everyone!