Delicious Rava Idli for Breakfast,Lunch or Dinner
Delicious Idli with Sambhar( Soup)
Rava idli or steamed pancake is very delicious and easy to make recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can make rava idli from scratch, fermenting lentil and rice batter or make it with coarsed sujii /semolina batter.
Prep time: 6 hours
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 6 hours 20 min
Wheat of cream or suji or semolina | Source
- 2 cups Coarse semolina or suji
- 1 tspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 cup Water, As needed
- 1 Chili, chopped
- 1/4 Cilanttro, chopped
- 1 Eno, Powder
- 2 spoon Yeast
Idli Pressure Cooker | Source
Idli plates stacked and ready to be cooked. | Source
- Mix rava sujii, yogurt, chopped chili, chopped cilantro, salt, yeast and water. Batter should be the same consistency as in pancake. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Now add one cup of water in pot and let it boil.
- Grease Idli plates with oil.
- Add ENO powder to the batter and mix well. The mixture will begin foaming. Pour the batter into the Idli plate and place it into the steaming cooker. ENO Powder can be found in any Indian grocery store.
- Cover the cooker and steam Idlis for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Take one toothpick and Insert in the center of Idli.It should come out clean. Remove the stand from the cooker. Do not overcook the Idlis otherwise they will be too dry and will loose their softness
- Let it cool for a few minutes. Now remove each Idli one by one from the plate. Idlis should come out easily and not suppose to stick to the moulds. They should be spongy and soft.
Cover the lid and ready to steam for 20 minutes.
|Serving size: 1 Medium Idli |
|Calories ||69 |
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 15 g||5%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|