Satisfy Your Craving! Delightful Cabbage and Carrot Samoosas
Though lifestyle gets busy and fast paced, we would still like to satisfy those cravings. Samoosa’s are so convenient and delicious.
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cabbage, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic and ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 kilogram ready-made samoosa pastry
- 4 tablespoons flour, water to mix into a paste
- oil for frying
Instructions for filling
- Heat thick based pot to moderate heat, add 5 teaspoons oil
- Braise by adding onion, mustard seed and turmeric
- Allow to sizzle for 2 minutes
- Add garlic and ginger paste
- Add cabbage, leave for 15 minutes, allow to soften down
- Add carrots, chilies, salt and sugar
- Cook for another 15 minutes, then leave to cool
Instructions for samoosa
- Separate each layer of pastry, apply the flour paste to the edges of the pastry folding into a triangular shape creating a pocket to fill
- Add 1 ½ teaspoon filling, and continue folding in triangular shape
3. Heat oil in a wok or deep frying pan with oil enough to cover samoosa
4. Fry each samosa for at least 3 minutes on both sides
5. Drain excess oil from samoosa on a paper towel
6. Ready to serve
- You may portion the amount you require and the remaining package and freeze.
- Freeze for up to 6 months.
- During the week or weekends for function, social gathering, family snack or meal just pull out from the freezer, fry and wala!
For interesting information on the spices, I used and its benefits, refer to the link provided below
- Sing With Me: “Sugar and Spice With All Things Nice, and That’s What Herbal Remedies Are Made Of…”
Sugar and spice are packed with natural remedies. Here are some good to know facts...