- Food and Cooking
Pineapple Upside-down Strawberry Shortcake
Pineapple up-side down, strawberry short cake
- 1 1/4 cup flour, all purpose
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Use the Fruit topping ingredients below as follows. Heat 1/4 cup butter/margarine in the microwave. Pour melted butter in a 9x1/2 inch round pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar over the melted butter.
- Drain the pineapple slices. Place 1 pineapple in the center of the pan. Cut remaining slices in half and arrange around the center slice. Arrange pecans around center slice. In a large mixing bowl, beat together all cake ingredients on low speed for 30 seconds. On high speed, continue beating for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter over the top of the arranged pineapple slices. Bake cake until center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Invert onto a heatproof plate and allow to cool.
- Serve warm as follows. In your serving bowl place sweetened sliced strawberries in the bottom of the bowl. Place cake on top of the sweetened sliced strawberries. Serve with whipped cream or a scoop of ice-cream as shown above, if desired.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Carbohydrates 60 g||20%|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 25 mg||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
1/4 cup butter or margarine if you prefer
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1-can 8 1/4 oz. sliced pineapples
- handful of pecans
- container of sweetened sliced strawberries
- Whipping Cream or Ice Cream is optional.